By Admin on Fri 10 February 2017 in Troubleshooting
格鲁竞技A guide to fitting a valve using John Guest push fit connections.
When fitting valves using John Guest push fit or speedy fit connections you need to make sure that the connections are tightly sealed. See the instructions below.
ORClick Here to Download Our Connection Guide
- Finger tighten the black end nuts fully on to the valve body.
- Insert the tube into the fitting.
- Pull to check the connection is secure. It is good practice to test the system prior to leaving the site or before use.
- Ensure the system is depressurised.
- Push the collet square against the face of the fitting by using fingers or with the help of John Guest’s Collet release tool.
- With the collet held in position the pipe can be removed.
- The fitting can be used without the need for replacement parts.
What Not To Do
- Do not use damaged or scored pipe.
- Don’t use hacksaws to cut the pipe or leave burrs on the end of the pipe.
- Don’t forget to push the pipe fully into the fitting, past both the collet (gripper) and the ‘O’.
- Do not insert fingers into into the fitting as the stainless steel teeth may cause injury.
- Remember to pressure test the completed installation according to the recommendation in the John Guest Technical Checklist.